Expand your accessibility to clients by providing a safe and inclusive space that promotes and delivers exceptional trans-affirming care.
Learners can expect to increase their knowledge, skills, and confidence when working with trans and gender diverse people in health and wellbeing settings. Facilitated by a qualified ACON facilitator this training will help you expand your understanding of trans and gender diverse people and communities through discussion with like-minded professionals, video testimonials, and engaging in learning activities.
The training also includes a component with a GP experienced in gender-affirming healthcare, offering an introduction to medical gender affirmation including hormone therapy.
This education is a CPD Accredited Activity under the RACGP CPD Program
- Assess the current workplace environment to develop trans-affirming policies in daily practice
- Differentiate between gender, sex characteristics and sexuality
- Use inclusive and affirming language to build rapport with trans and gender diverse patients
- Manage the impact of social stigma on the health and wellbeing of trans and gender diverse people using culturally safe, holistic and intersectional strategies
- 7 hours, including morning, lunch, and afternoon catered breaks
- GPs and other Practice team members, medical professionals, allied health, and community development workers
- Concession discount available, please click here for more information.
We have COVID Safety measures in place. Read about our COVID Safety Measures here.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: In line with public health orders in NSW, all attendees are required to be fully vaccinated to be permitted into the training venue and must provide proof of vaccination to be permitted onto the training venue as well as check-in via QR code upon entry.
Invoices can be arranged, please email PrideTraining@acon.org.au for more information.
Please make sure to read our cancellation/refund policy.