LGBT Inclusive Practice Webinar
Expand your accessibility to clients by providing a safe, LGBT-inclusive space that promotes and delivers exceptional person-centred care.
People with diverse genders and/or sexualities, including lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) clients come from all cultures and walks of life. Their lived experiences and potential differences in gender and/or sexualities, as compared to the broad population, requires an understanding to be able to provide person-centred care.
You can improve your knowledge, skills and confidence when working with people with a diverse gender and/or sexuality allowing person-centred care by taking this webinar. This is a blended approach to learning with self-paced eLearning and webinar facilitated by a qualified ACON facilitator, this training will help you expand your understanding of LGBT people and communities through discussion with like-minded professionals, video testimonials, and engaging in learning activities.
You complete ACON's LGBTI Awareness eLearning. (~1 hour)
You attend 2 webinars at the same time of the day, one week away from one another for 2.5 hours (5 hours in total)
- LGBT people and communities.
- The difference between sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression.
- Various LGBT people’s lived experiences.
- Several health impacts caused by social stigma, assumptions, and bias.
- Significant legislative actions and defining moments in LGBT history.
- Useful tips to help you become a stronger ally for LGBT people.
- Best practices to ensure LGBT inclusion in your service.
- How to identify areas of practice in your services or organisation that may require review.
- Mechanisms to help you implement inclusive practice into day-to-day client interactions.
- Independent and co-dependent methods to drive organisational change—and why it’s essential.
- Other tips to help you elevate inclusive services across your organisation.
After this training, learners should be able to:
- Differentiate between gender and sexuality
- Summarise unique health and wellbeing disparities faced by sexuality and gender diverse people
- Review important events from LGBTIQ history and the current legislation related to these priority populations
- Detect areas for improvement within their role and workplace
- Develop strategies and implement actions to increase access and satisfaction of service for people with diverse sexuality and gender
Duration: Around 6 hours; 1 hour eLearning and 5 hours via webinar
Audience: Any health and wellbeing service provider
Public Training Schedule (2020)
Part 1: Friday, June 12 2020
Part 2: Friday, June 19 2020
10:00am - 12:30pm
- Concession discount available, please click here for more information.
- Once payment is complete, you will get an email from firstname.lastname@example.org saying you have been enrolled into a new program. Click “Go To Program” to start the training.
- For up to 40 people
- Cost does not include travel outside of Sydney metro, catering, venue, or GST.
- Volume discount applies for purchasing more than 4 sessions.
Invoices can be arranged, please email PrideTraining@acon.org.au for more information.
Please make sure to read the cancellation/refund policy available below.
Due to instant access to the eLearning components, a refund is not possible.
You get a certificate when you finish the eLearning module, partake in both live webinar sessions and complete the post-training assessment.
The eLearning component is a pre-requisite of the live webinar. If you do not finish the eLearning before the live webinar, you will not be approved to attend the webinar.
- You can defer the live webinar date once.
- If you don’t complete the eLearning before the newly chosen webinar date, you will have to purchase a new seat.
If you miss a webinar, you will get one opportunity to attend a future webinar.
You may transfer your seat to another person up to three days before the live webinar only if you have not started any online component and there is a future date available.