LGBTQ Inclusive Practice for Aged Care Sector In-Person Training
Expand accessibility to your aging clients by providing a safe, LGBTQ-inclusive space that promotes and delivers exceptional person-centered care.
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ) clients come from all cultures and walk of life. Their lived experiences and potential differences in gender and/or sexualities, as compared to the broad population, may require unique approaches in how you communicate and care plan for the future.
Improve your provision of person-centered care and elevate your aging clients’ overall experience with a full-day “LGBTQ Aged Care Inclusive Practice” training. Guided by a qualified ACON facilitator, this training will help you expand your understanding of LGBTQ+ people and communities through discussion with like-minded professionals, video testimonials, and engaging in learning activities.
- Who are aging LGBTQ people and communities?
- The difference between sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression.
- Several health impacts caused by social stigma, assumptions, and bias.
- Significant legislative actions and defining moments in LGBTQ history.
- Useful tips to help you become a stronger ally for LGBTQ people.
- Best practices to ensure LGBTQ inclusion in your service.
- How to identify areas of practice in your services or organisation that may require review.
- Mechanisms to help you implement inclusive practice into day-to-day client interactions.
- Independent and co-dependent methods to drive organisational change—and why it’s essential.
- Understanding Aged Care and Quality Safety Commission quality standards and what actions must take place.
- Other tips to help you elevate inclusive services across your organisation.
- Differentiate between gender and sexuality
- Summarise unique health and wellbeing disparities faced by ageing sexuality and gender diverse people
- Review important events from LGBTQ history and the current legislation related to these priority populations
- Understand industry best-practice standards related to these priority populations
- Detect areas for improvement within their role and workplace
- Develop strategies and implement actions to increase access and satisfaction of service for people with diverse sexuality and gender
- 7 hours, including morning, lunch, and afternoon catered breaks
- Aged care workers
Public Training Schedule (2022)
- Concession discount available, please click here for more information.
- Once payment is complete, you will get an email from firstname.lastname@example.org saying you have been enrolled into a new program. Click “Go To Program” to start the training.
- Purchasing multiple seats? Please provide first and last names, with unique email addresses for each attendee.
- For up to 25 people
- Cost does not include travel outside of Sydney metro, catering, venue, or GST.
- Volume discount applies for purchasing more than 4 sessions.
We have COVID Safety measures in place. Read about our COVID Safety Measures here.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: In line with public health orders in NSW, all attendees are required to be fully vaccinated to be permitted into the training venue and must provide proof of vaccination to be permitted onto the training venue as well as check-in via QR code upon entry.
Invoices can be arranged, please email PrideTraining@acon.org.au for more information.
Please make sure to read the cancellation/refund policy.