Trans Vitality: Trans-Affirming Practice eLearning
Increase your knowledge, skills and confidence when working with trans people – both binary and non-binary.
Duration: 3 hours
Audience: Professionals in medical services, allied health and community development
Trans and gender diverse people come from all cultures and walks of life. Due to their unique lived experience, a specialised approach to care is needed to deliver respectful and effective support.
This eLearning is designed to broaden your understanding of trans people and communities. This leads to improved capacity to be trans-affirming in your work, services, and programs.
The eLearning has 4 interactive modules:
- Being trans in Australia
- Trans people and healthcare: Unique needs
- Unpacking assumptions and bias
- Introduction to Trans-Affirming Practice
Trans Vitality has been generously enabled by NSW Health. It was developed by subject matter experts in ACON’s Pride Training and Trans Health Equity teams, and co-designed with medical service providers and trans community members. The training includes personal stories and experiences from community members through video testimonials and animations.
This training is suitable for General Practitioners (GPs) and other clinicians to complete for CPD points.
- Define LGBTQ+ and differentiate between gender and sexuality
- Describe some of the common shared experiences of the trans commmunity
- Demonstrate in-depth awareness of the physical, mental and social health disparities facing trans and gender diverse people
- Identify areas for improvement within your role and workplace and apply trans-affirming practice into day-to-day work activities
- Implement inclusive and affirming language to build rapport with trans and gender diverse clients
For card payment, please checkout using this website.
Once payment is complete, you will get an email from email@example.com saying you have been enrolled into a new program. Select “Go To Program” to start the training.
If you have any issues with your eLearning enrolment, please see more information here.
To pay via invoice, please email PrideTraining@acon.org.au for more information.
Hosting eLearning Yourself
Want to host this training on your own Learning Management System (LMS)? To enquire about SCORM packages please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out our Training Request Form.
Volume discounts are available for more than 5 people. Concession discounts are also available, please click here for more information.
Please make sure to read our Cancellation & Refund Policy.
Not sure which training is right for you, or want to order a customised eLearning course? Fill out our Training Request Form.