LGBTI Awareness In-Person Training
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Intersex (LGBTI) Awareness is a training for service workers looking to increase their basic knowledge around LGBTI people and communities. This 4-hour in-person training will introduce you to the LGBTI acronym and expand your understanding of sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and sex characteristics.
Session includes activities, open discussion and take home resources. A tea break with light refreshments is included.
- What and who does 'LGBTI people & communities' mean?
- What is the difference between sex characteristics, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation?
- Understanding the lived experience of LGBTI people
- Understanding the health impacts of social stigma and assumptions
- Acceptance versus inclusion
Duration: 4 hours, including a 15-minute break
Dates and Location:
Training Schedule (2018)
|Wollongong||Wednesday, 7 November 2018||CareSouth Community Hub, 2 Matilda Way, Berkeley||20|
|Balranald||Tuesday, 4 December 2018||Greenham Park Hall -135 Church St Balranald NSW 2715||30|
|Wentworth||Wednesday, 5 December 2018||20|
Invoices can be arranged, please email PrideTraining@acon.org.au for more information.
Please make sure to read the cancelation/refund policy.
Once payment is complete, you will get an email from email@example.com saying you have been enrolled into a new program. Click “Go To Program” to enrol for a course date. If you have not received this email, it may have been redirected to your junk/spam inbox.