Rainbow Buzz: LGBTI Inclusive Practice for AOD Support Services In-Person Training
Rainbow Buzz is a training for health and community workers supporting clients with alcohol and/or other drugs (AOD) use looking to strengthen their understanding of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people and communities. Participants will learn to deliver a more inclusive, informed and appropriate care. This 7-hour in-person training will introduce you to the LGBTI acronym, expand your understanding on sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and sex characteristics and reflect upon the unique health and wellbeing issues faced by LGBTI people, particularly those related to AOD. Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea is included.
- The LGBTI communities
- What is the difference between sex characteristics, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation?
- Understanding the lived experience of LGBTI people
- Understanding the health impacts of social stigma and assumptions
- AOD prevalence, patterns and co-morbidities
- The context of use for LGBTI communities
- Acceptance versus inclusion
- Implementing inclusive practice in day to day interactions
- Useful tips to increase inclusive service provision
- Experiential activities, scenarios and case studies
Dates for Training:
- Thursday, 08th November: From 9:30am to 4:30pm
- 7 hours, including a morning, lunch and afternoon breaks.
- Health and community workers supporting clients with AOD use
- ACON 414 Elizabeth Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010
Concession discount available, please click here for more information.
Please make sure to read the cancelation/refund policy.
Once payment is complete, you will get an email from email@example.com saying you have been enrolled into a new program. Click “Go To Program” to enrol for a course date. If you have not received this email, it may have been redirected to your junk/spam inbox.