ACON is partnered with Advance Diversity Services (ADS) & Settlement Services International (SSI) to provide four full-day LGBT Inclusive Practice training, delivered across Sydney Greater Area and Newcastle. This training is ONLY open to member organisations of the NSW Settlement Partnership.
ACON is a fiercely proud community organisation. The work of ACON has been designed by and for our communities. As ACON has grown, it has been proud to work with a diverse range of people to ensure their voice and health needs are represented in the work ACON does. Advance Diversity Services (ADS) is a non-profit community organisation which has been providing support services to the Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) communities since 1981. SSI is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential.
This training is designed to strengthen your understanding of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender (LGBT) people and communities to deliver more inclusive, informed and appropriate client care.
- More about LGBT people and communities.
- The difference between sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression.
- Various LGBT people’s lived experiences.
- Several health impacts caused by social stigma, assumptions, and bias.
- Significant legislative actions and defining moments in LGBT history.
- Useful tips to help you become a stronger ally for LGBT people.
- Best practices to ensure LGBT inclusion in your service.
- How to identify areas of practice in your services or organisation that may require review.
- Mechanisms to help you implement inclusive practice into day-to-day client interactions.
- Independent and co-dependent methods to drive organisational change—and why it’s essential.
- Other tips to help you elevate inclusive services across your organisation.
Training Outlines:After this training, learners should be able to:
- Differentiate between gender and sexuality
- Summarise unique health and wellbeing disparities faced by sexuality and gender diverse people
- Review important events from LGBTIQ history and the current legislation related to these priority populations
- Detect areas for improvement within their role and workplace
- Develop strategies and implement actions to increase access and satisfaction of service for people with diverse sexuality and gender
Training Schedule (2020)
Registrations: 9:00 AM – 9:30 AM
Session Time: 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM (including 45 minutes for lunch break*)
|#1 - Training at Club Central Hurstville||8 October 2020||2 Crofts Avenue Hurstville, New South Wales, 2220|
|#2 - Training at SydWest Blacktown office||13 October 2020||Level 2/125 Main St, Blacktown NSW 2148|
|#3 - Training at Newcastle||20 October 2020||Booking will open soon|
|#4 - Training at SSI Bankstown||23 October 2020||2/462 Chapel Road, Bankstown, NSW 2200|
* Please note catering is not provided for this training.
NSW Health Advice: dates and locations are subject to change to comply with social distancing restrictions.