Central and Eastern Sydney Primary Health Network (CESPHN) is providing free and essential training for anyone looking to increase their knowledge, skills and confidence in working with LGBTQ people. The training is hosted by ACON Pride Training.
Learners will receive access to ACON's LGBTQ Introduction eLearning and will attend one session of LGBTQ Introduction Webinar.
The LGBTQ Introduction eLearning is for anyone looking to strengthen their understanding of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) people and communities. This is an interactive eLearning delivered in three modules: Meet the Communities, Know the Facts, and Understand the Lived Experience. This eLearning takes under an hour to complete and will introduce learners to the LGBTQ acronym, expand your understanding of sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and bodies. This eLearning will take about 1 hour to complete.
The LGBTQ Introduction Webinar will help you will help build empathy and understanding as you consider your own lived experiences with gender, sexuality and possible bias.
- What and who does 'LGBTQ people & communities' mean?
- What is the difference between sex, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation?
- Understanding the health impacts of social stigma and assumptions
- Introduction into LGBTQ inclusion at the individual level
Requirements for the webinar:
- Individual access to computer/laptop with a Chrome web browser
- High-speed internet
- Familiarity with general computer knowledge
- Access to headphones/microphone (webcam is optional)
- Please read more about system requirements HERE. You can also join a test webinar to check out your access, HERE.
The webinar training is offered on the following dates and times:
Date and Time
Wednesday, 30 September 2020, 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM (Session is closed)
Wednesday, 7 October 2020, 2 PM - 3 PM (Session is closed)
Monday, 9 November 2020, 11:30 AM - 12:30PM
Wednesday, 9 December 2020, 3 PM - 4 PM
If a session is full and you would like to be waitlisted, please email your details and your preferred session to PrideTraining@acon.org.au we will try our best to accommodate you.
Please note: Below is the request for registration. You will not receive the enrolment link right away.