LGBT Inclusive Practice
Expand your accessibility to clients by providing a safe, LGBT-inclusive space that promotes and delivers exceptional person-centred care.
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) clients come from all cultures and walks of life. Their lived experiences and potential differences in gender and/or sexualities, as compared to the broad population, may require unique approaches in how you communicate and care plan for the future.
Improve your provision of person-centred care and elevate your clients’ overall experience with a full-day “LGBT Inclusive Practices” workshop. Guided by a qualified ACON facilitator, this training will help you expand your understanding of LGBT people and communities through discussion with like-minded professionals, video testimonials, and engaging in learning activities.
THIS FULL-DAY COURSE WILL HELP YOU LEARN:
- More about LGBT people and communities.
- The difference between sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression.
- Various LGBT people’s lived experiences.
- Several health impacts caused by social stigma, assumptions, and bias.
- Significant legislative actions and defining moments in LGBT history.
- Useful tips to help you become a stronger ally for LGBT people.
- Best practices to ensure LGBT inclusion in your service.
- How to identify areas of practice in your services or organisation that may require review.
- Mechanisms to help you implement inclusive practice into day-to-day client interactions.
- Independent and co-dependent methods to drive organisational change—and why it’s essential.
- Other tips to help you elevate inclusive services across your organisation.
Duration: 6 - 7.5 hours
Audience: Any health and wellbeing service provider
- For up to 25 people
- Cost does not include travel outside of Sydney metro, catering, venue, or GST.
- Volume discount applies for purchasing more than 4 sessions.
- Concession discount available, please click here for more information.
- Please make sure to read the cancellation/refund policy.
- Once payment is complete, you will get an email from firstname.lastname@example.org saying you have been enrolled into a new program. Click “Go To Program” to start the training.