LGBTI Aged Care Inclusive Practice In-Person Training
Expand accessibility to your ageing clients by providing a safe, LGBTI-inclusive space that promotes and delivers exceptional person-centred care.
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Intersex (LGBTI) clients come from all cultures and walks of life. Their lived experiences and potential differences in gender and/or sexualities, as compared to the broad population, may require unique approaches in how you communicate and care plan for the future.
Improve your provision of person-centred care and elevate your ageing clients’ overall experience with a full-day “LGBTI Aged Care Inclusive Practice” training. Guided by a qualified ACON facilitator, this training will help you expand your understanding of LGBTI people and communities through discussion with like-minded professionals, video testimonials, and engaging in learning activities.
- Who are ageing LGBTI people and communities?
- The difference between sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression.
- Several health impacts caused by social stigma, assumptions, and bias.
- Significant legislative actions and defining moments in LGBTI history.
- Useful tips to help you become a stronger ally for LGBTI people.
- Best practices to ensure LGBTI inclusion in your service.
- How to identify areas of practice in your services or organisation that may require review.
- Mechanisms to help you implement inclusive practice into day-to-day client interactions.
- Independent and co-dependent methods to drive organisational change—and why it’s essential.
- Understanding Aged Care and Quality Safety Commission quality standards and what actions must take place.
- Other tips to help you elevate inclusive services across your organisation.
Duration: 7.5 hours
Audience: Aged care workers
Public Training Schedule (2019)
Sydney - Surry Hills
|Tuesday, 1 October 2019, 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM||
- Concession discount available, please click here for more information.
- Once payment is complete, you will get an email from firstname.lastname@example.org saying you have been enrolled into a new program. Click “Go To Program” to start the training.
- Purchasing multiple seats? Please provide first and last names, with unique email addresses for each attendee.
- For up to 25 people
- Cost does not include travel outside of Sydney metro, catering, venue, or GST.
- Volume discount applies for purchasing more than 4 sessions.
Invoices can be arranged, please email PrideTraining@acon.org.au for more information.
Please make sure to read the cancellation/refund policy.