LGBTQ Suicide Prevention eLearning for GPs
WIN $300! - See Details below!
ACON, with the support of NSW Ministry of Health, is offering a free and essential online module designed to increase General Practioner's understanding of suicide risk factors for LGBTQ people and boost baseline skills and knowledge around assessing suicide risk, responding to distress and suicidality. This is available for GPs in NSW.
Strengthen your understanding of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) people and communities to deliver more inclusive, informed and appropriate care. This eLearning is launching soon, register below to be notified when it is available.
After taking this three-hour-long course, GPs will be able to:
- Communicate appropriately with LGBTQ people based on an understanding of the differences between sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, and gender expression.
- Recognise LGBTQ mental health and suicide disparities when consulting with LGBTQ people.
- Identify and manage suicide risk factors when consulting with LGBTQ persons.
- Develop and implement practice plans to meet the unique needs of LGBTQ people.
- Respond to distress and suicidality using tools to effectively assess suicide risk and recommend a culturally appropriate/inclusive referral pathway.
Audience: GPs within NSW
Type of Learning: Self-directed elearning
Duration: 210 minutes (3.5 hours)
- 30 min: LGBTQ Awareness Introduction eLearning
- 90 min: LGBTQ Suicide Prevention eLearning
- 90 min: Case Studies eLearning
Activity ID: 220788
CPD Points: 7 CPD points
Be entered into the drawing for a $300 EFTPOS card if you complete the CPD Activity and participate in the 3-month evaluation follow-up. You must complete the CPD Activity by 30 June 2021 and participate in the 3-month follow-up questionnaire or short interview.
Please note: learners can save their progress at any point, pause and resume the course later.