Silver Rainbow: LGBTI Aged Care Awareness In-Person Training
- The Silver Rainbow LGBTI Aged Care Awareness Training Project is managed by the National LGBTI Health Alliance and is being delivered collaboratively with project partners across every state and territory in Australia. It is funded by the Department of Health until June 2020.
This essential, and relevant one-day training for all workers in the aged care sector will help promote a better understanding of the needs of the LGBTI people and provide staff with more confidence to deliver an inclusive, best practice service.
This national initiative is being presented at a venue near you.
- Knowing what LGBTI is for person-directed care
- The LGBTI communities
- What is the difference between sex characteristics, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation?
- Societal impacts on LGBTI people
- Understanding the lived experience of LGBTI people
- Understanding the health impacts of social stigma and assumptions
- LGBTI health and wellbeing
- Health and social inequity for LGBTI people
- Lifestyles of older LGBTI people
- Mental and emotional health and wellbeing
- Inclusive Practice
- Industry best practice standards within the aged care sector
- Individual inclusive practice
- Organisational Change
- Legislation relating to aged care practice
- Government policy change
Duration: 7 hours, including a morning, lunch and afternoon breaks.
Audience: Health and community workers supporting aging clients.
Dates and Location:
Training Schedule (2018)
|Northern Beaches||Friday, 30 November 2018||Uniting Wesley Gardens Belrose - 2b Morgan Road Belrose 2085 NSW||9|
|Broken Hill||Monday, 10 December 2018||Broken Hill Regional Art Gallery: 404 – 408 Argent Street - Broken Hill, New South Wales, 2880||9|
Training Schedule (2019)
Sessions coming up in 2019: