Silver Rainbow: LGBTI Aged Care Awareness In-Person Training
- The Silver Rainbow LGBTI Aged Care Awareness Training Project is managed by the National LGBTI Health Alliance and is being delivered collaboratively with project partners across every state and territory in Australia. It is funded by the Department of Health until June 2020.
This essential, and relevant one-day training for all workers in the aged care sector will help promote a better understanding of the needs of the LGBTI people and provide staff with more confidence to deliver an inclusive, best practice service.
This national initiative is being presented at a venue near you.
- Knowing what LGBTI is for person-directed care
- The LGBTI communities
- What is the difference between sex characteristics, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation?
- Societal impacts on LGBTI people
- Understanding the lived experience of LGBTI people
- Understanding the health impacts of social stigma and assumptions
- LGBTI health and wellbeing
- Health and social inequity for LGBTI people
- Lifestyles of older LGBTI people
- Mental and emotional health and wellbeing
- Inclusive Practice
- Industry best practice standards within the aged care sector
- Individual inclusive practice
- Organisational Change
- Legislation relating to aged care practice
- Government policy change
Duration: 7 hours, including a morning, lunch and afternoon breaks.
Audience: Health and community workers supporting aging clients.
Dates and Location:
Training Schedule (2018)
|Parkes||Thursday, 25 October 2018||Coventry Room & Cultural Centre - 25 Bogan St, Parkes NSW 2870||17|
|Moruya||Tuesday, 30 October 2018||Moruya Golf Club - Evans St, Moruya NSW 2537||23|
|Wagga Wagga||Thursday, 8 November 2018||MPHN Conference Room - 1/185 Morgan St, Wagga Wagga NSW 2650||21|
|Nowra||Wednesday, 14 November 2018||Uniting Nowra - 54-60 Osborne St, Nowra NSW 2541||20|
|Tweed Heads||Thursday, 22 November 2018||Uniting Kingscliff - 24a Kingscliff Street Kingscliff 2487 NSW||7|
|Northern Beaches||Friday, 30 November 2018||Uniting Wesley Gardens Belrose - 2b Morgan Road Belrose 2085 NSW||21|
|Broken Hill||Monday, 10 December 2018||Broken Hill Regional Art Gallery: 404 – 408 Argent Street - Broken Hill, New South Wales, 2880||6|
Training Schedule (2019)
|Newcastle||Wednesday, 27 February 2019||
|Central Coast||Thursday, 4 April 2019||Uniting Counselling & Mediation - 2/15 Watt St, Gosford NSW 2250||25|
|Albury||Friday, 12 April 2019||Albury LibraryMuseum - 540 Kiewa Street Albury NSW 2640||25|
|Parramatta||Wednesday, 17 April 2019||Uniting Institute of Education - 146 Marsden St, Parramatta NSW 2150||25|
|Batemans Bay||Tuesday, 23 April 2019||Cultiv8space - 2/10 Kylie Cres, Batemans Bay NSW 2536||25|
|Blue Mountains||Thursday, 23 May 2019||TBC||25|
|Wollongong||Thursday, 6 June 2019||CareSouth Community Hub, 2 Matilda Way, Berkeley||25|
Sessions coming up in 2019:
|Liverpool or Campbeltown; Grafton; Dubbo; Lismore; Bourke; Penrith; Port Macquarie; Orange||
From February to June 2019
Each individual signing up must have a valid email to register. If you purchase more than one, we will contact you regarding the other participants.
Funding for this training makes the cost $10 for participants, therefore volume discounts do not apply.
Please make sure to read the cancelation/refund policy.
Once payment is complete, you will get an email from firstname.lastname@example.org saying you have been enrolled into a new program. Click “Go To Program” to register for the date. If you have not received this email, it may have been redirected to your junk/spam inbox.
If a session is full and you would like to be waitlisted, please email your details and your preferred session to PrideTraining@acon.org.au we will try our best to accommodate you.