Silver Rainbow: LGBTI Aged Care Awareness In-Person Training
The Silver Rainbow LGBTI Aged Care Awareness Training Project is managed by the National LGBTI Health Alliance and is being delivered collaboratively with project partners across every state and territory in Australia. It is funded by the Department of Health until June 2020.
This inexpensive, essential, and relevant eLearning module and in-person training for all workers in the aged care sector will help promote a better understanding of the needs of the LGBTI people and provide staff with more confidence to deliver an inclusive, best practice service.
- Knowing what LGBTI is for person-directed care
- The LGBTI communities
- What is the difference between sex characteristics, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation?
- Societal impacts on LGBTI people
- Understanding the lived experience of LGBTI people
- Understanding the health impacts of social stigma and assumptions
- LGBTI health and wellbeing
- Health and social inequity for LGBTI people
- Lifestyles of older LGBTI people
- Mental and emotional health and wellbeing
- Inclusive Practice
- Industry best practice standards within the aged care sector
- Individual inclusive practice
- Organisational Change
- Legislation relating to aged care practice
- Government policy change
Audience: Health and community workers supporting aging clients.
Learners: Each learner registering needs a unique email address to be assigned the eLearning module. The eLearning module is assigned by the National LGBTI Health Alliance 3 weeks before the in-person training date.
Full-day Training (9:30 AM - 4:30 PM)
|Sydney - Surry Hills||Thursday, 20 February 2020||ACON, 414 Elizabeth Street, Surry Hills||Sold Out|
|Berkeley||Thursday, 5 March 2020||CareSouth, 2 Matilda Way, Berkeley||5|
|Wagga Wagga||Wednesday, 11 March 2020||MPHN. 1/185 Morgan Street, WAGGA WAGGA, NSW 2650||3|
|Forster||Thursday, 19 March 2020||Club Forster, 19 Strand St, Forster||24
|Hay||Thursday, 26 March 2020||Hay Intereach Office, 78 Lachlan St, Hay||23
|Merimbula||Thursday, 2 April 2020||25|
|Casino||Tuesday, 7 April 2020||23
|Glenfield||Wednesday, 8 April 2020||13
|Walgett Council Chambers, 77 Fox Street, Walgett NSW 2832||23
|Whiddon Grafton, 125 Crown Street Grafton||21
|Lithgow||Thursday, 30 April 2020||25|
|Scone||Tuesday, 5 May 2020||25|
|Bourke||Tuesday, 12 May 2020||Whiddon Bourke, 29 Darling Street Bourke||9
|Port Macquarie||Wednesday, 13 May 2020||16
|Yamba||Tuesday, 19 May 2020||Wooli St Hall, 45 Wooli St, Yamba||25|
|Blacktown||Tuesday, 26 May 2020||level 5, 62 Flushcombe Road, Blacktown||15|
|Muswellbrook||Thursday, 11 June 2020||Muswellbrook Library, 126 Bridge St, Muswellbrook NSW 2333||25|