Thank you for your interest in Incorporating LGBTQ+ Inclusive Practice into Aged Care eLearning!
This training is designed for professionals working in the aged care sector, to learn more about LGBTQ+ seniors, their health needs, and inclusive care strategies. Comprised of 4 modules with interactive case studies, this eLearning covers a range of areas to increase your knowledge and confidence in working inclusively and respectfully with LGBTQ+ seniors.
Audience: All people who work with senior Australians in aged care, including aged care staff and other professions.
Duration: 45-60 minutes
- Develop a greater understanding of the LGBTQ+ acronym, people, communities, and history
- Develop awareness around the unique general and mental health and wellbeing issues faced by LGBTQ+ seniors
- Review current legislation supporting and related to LGBTQ+ seniors
- Outline industry best-practice standards and inclusive practice related to LGBTQ+ seniors
- Improve care outcomes through stronger interactions with LGBTQ+ seniors
A limited number of free eLearning seats have been generously funded by the Hunter New England and Central Coast Primary Health Network. These seats are only available to professionals living or working within the Hunter, New England, and Central Coast regions.
If you are outside of the PHN area, please visit our eLearning page to browse the range of eLearning options available to you.
We aim to enrol new learners on Mondays and Thursdays, however this might change from time to time due to public holidays, availability, etc.
Once you are enrolled, you will receive an email inviting you to set your password with our learning management system, Bridge. The email address this notification will come from is: ACON Pride Training <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Even if you can’t start the eLearning right away, we strongly suggest setting your password, as the invite email will expire after 1 week.
If you are not enrolled within 1 week of registration, or if your invite email expires, please contact email@example.com for support.