LGBTQ Inclusive Practice In-Person Training
Expand your accessibility to clients by providing a safe, and inclusive space that promotes and delivers exceptional person-centred care.
Clients with diverse genders and/or sexualities come from all cultures and walks of life. Their lived experiences and potential differences in gender and/or sexualities, as compared to the broad population, may require unique approaches in how you communicate and care plan for the future.
Improve your provision of person-centred care and elevate your clients’ overall experience with a full-day workshop. Guided by a qualified ACON facilitator, this training will help you expand your understanding of people with a diverse gender and/or sexuality and their respective communities through discussion with like-minded professionals, video testimonials, and engaging in learning activities.
- Differentiate between gender and sexuality
- Summarise unique health and wellbeing disparities faced by sexuality and gender diverse people
- Review important events from LGBTQ history and the current legislation related to these priority populations
- Detect areas for improvement within their role and workplace
- Develop strategies and implement actions to increase access and satisfaction of service for people with diverse sexuality and gender
- The difference between sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression.
- The lived experiences of people with a diverse gender and/or sexuality.
- Several health impacts caused by social stigma, assumptions, and bias.
- Significant legislative actions and defining moments in queer history.
- Useful tips to help you become a stronger ally for people with a diverse gender and/or sexuality.
- Best practices to ensure LGBTQ inclusion in your service.
- How to identify areas of practice in your services or organisation that may require review.
- Mechanisms to help you implement inclusive practice into day-to-day client interactions.
- Independent and co-dependent methods to drive organisational change—and why it’s essential.
- Other tips to help you elevate inclusive services across your organisation.
- 7.5 hours
- Any health and wellbeing service provider
Public Training Schedule (2020)
Sydney - Surry Hills
|ACON - 414 Elizabeth Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010||Postponed|
- Concession discount available, please click here for more information.
- Once payment is complete, you will get an email from firstname.lastname@example.org saying you have been enrolled into a new program. Click “Go To Program” to start the training.
- For up to 25 people
- Cost does not include travel outside of Sydney metro, catering, venue, or GST.
- Volume discount applies for purchasing more than 4 sessions.
Invoices can be arranged, please email PrideTraining@acon.org.au for more information.
Please make sure to read the cancellation/refund policy.