Sexual Assault in LGBTQ Communities - National
ACON Pride Training’s Sexual Assault in LGBTQ Communities eLearning is a quick and easy way to increase your knowledge, skills, and confidence when working with LGBTQ+ people that have experienced sexual assault or have been affected by sexual assault. This eLearning was co-designed with health and wellbeing service providers and LGBTQ community members affected by sexual assault.
It will cover a range of areas to broaden your understanding of LGBTQ+ people and communities. This will assist you in becoming a better ally but also becoming more inclusive in your work, services, and programs. These modules allow for access anytime and include the ability to start and stop as necessary. Video testimonials deliver personal stories and experiences directly from members of the community, helping to build your empathy and understanding as you compare them to your own lived experiences with gender, sexuality, and bias. If you are a professional that works inside New South Wales, then you are able to register for the training here.
- Understand the difference between gender and sexuality.
- Understand the health disparities affecting LGBTQ communities.
- Appropriately respond to an LGBTQ person affected by sexual assault.
- Reduce barriers for LGBTQ people accessing health services.
- Confidently and effectively engage with people from LGBTQ communities.
- Improve access to health services by creating an inclusive environment that supports LGBTQ communities.
Audience: Health + Wellbeing Service Providers
Type of Learning: Self-directed eLearning
Duration: 150 minutes (~2.5 hours)
- 10 min: Pre-Assessment
- 40 min: LGBTQ Introduction eLearning
- 90 min: LGBTQ Responding to Sexual Assault eLearning
- 10 min: Post Assessment and Evaluation
Time to complete: 30 days to complete
ACON Pride Training is a RACGP Education Provider
RACGP CPD Activity: 242036
RACGP CPD Points: 6
Volume discounts are available for 5 or more people. SCORM packages are also available for purchase. To access these discounts and enquire about SCORM please email email@example.com or fill out our Training Request Form
Concession discount available, please click here for more information.
Please make sure to read the cancellation/refund policy.
Once payment is complete, you will get an email from firstname.lastname@example.org saying you have been enrolled in a program. Click “Go To Program” to start the training.