Cancellations / Refunds
On occasion, you may find you are unable to attend training. Please see details that pertain to each in-person training, webinars, and eLearning.
COVID-19 Safety Protocol
By registering for our in-person training, you agree to abide by the following conditions:
- You will not attend the training if you are unwell or required to self-isolate/quarantine. It is the individuals responsibility to identify when they are unwell with symptoms which might indicate COVID-19 (see: https://www.health.gov.au/resources/apps-and-tools/healthdirect-coronavirus-covid-19-symptom-checker) and a possible risk to others.
- If a participant is exposed in an outbreak or tests positive and that participant has attended an ACON Pride Training, they are required to contact ACON Pride Training as soon as they become aware.
- If a participant has been in contact with a person/s who is/or tested positive to COVID-19 within 14 days prior to the training, they should contact ACON Pride Training to advise that they are unable to attend the training.
- Handwashing is conducted by all participants when frequenting the bathroom and before touching shared food surfaces.
- It is important that the participant observes strict physical distancing throughout the training day inclusive of breaks at all times. Any observed breaches will be addressed with the relevant party.
- All participants are to sign into the training. The facilitator will check before ending the training that all participants have signed in and collect any additional details which are missing or incomplete.
- It is recommended that as per government recommendations that the COVID-safe app be downloaded by all participants to enable tracing should a relevant case of COVID-19 be identified.
- If taking public transport the same distancing and hygiene rules apply. Utilising public transport to attend the training is the choice and responsibility of the participant.
- If travelling to attend the training, the same distancing and hygiene rules apply. Travelling to training outside of your local area is the choice and responsibility of the participant. ACON Pride Training recommends participants attend local training wherever possible.
- If face-to-face delivery is not possible, either due to low numbers or circumstances around COVID-19, ACON Pride Training may move the training to a virtual classroom or cancel the training. Participants will be notified via email of any changes with as much notice as possible. ACON Pride Training will email the nominated address on your registration form, so it is recommended that participants include an email address they check regularly.
Substitute Your Seat
Sending a substitute is the best way to ensure your organisation retains the full value for its training investment.
Should you be unable to attend in-person, you may nominate a substitute to attend in your place. Written notification to PrideTraining@acon.org.au must be received a minimum 5 days prior to the course or event. All written notifications must include your name, the training you are currently register for and date of training, the name and contact information for your substitute and invoice number.
Requests made for substitute transfer between 5-0 days prior to, or once a course has commenced, are not permitted.
Deferment Your Attendance
Should no substitute be available then you may request to apply for a deferment. Written notification to PrideTraining@acon.org.au must be received within a minimum 3 days prior to the training date. That note must include: your name and the course or webinar name and the invoice number.
- Not transferable to another person
- Only deferrable once
- Only be actionable based on the original enrolment.
Requests made for deferment between 2-0 days prior to the training, are not permitted.
For ACON Pride training courses you may defer up to 6 months dependant on course schedules.
Please choose your training carefully as once registration is complete refunds will only be made when:
- The training is cancelled or rescheduled by ACON Pride Training. If the training is rescheduled, ACON Pride Training will allow refunds for four weeks from the date participants are notified.
- A written request for cancellation is received more than seven days prior to the course. Cancellations received more than 7 days prior to the course will receive a full refund. Cancellations received between 7-0 days prior to the course will be processed with a 35% cancellation fee.
- Refund requests made due to circumstances around COVID-19 will be assessed based on current restrictions, health orders, and community transmission. These requests will only be approved when:
- Restrictions and/or health orders, including border closures, make it impossible for the participant to attend the training
- Community transmission is occurring, and the participant is required to get a COVID-19 test
- The participant is deemed a close contact and/or will be in mandatory isolation on the day of the training.
Due to instant access to the eLearning components, a refund is not possible.
You get a certificate when you finish the eLearning module, partake in both live webinar sessions and complete the post-training assessment.
The eLearning component is a pre-requisite of the live webinar. If you do not finish the eLearning before the live webinar, you will not be approved to attend the webinar.
- You can defer the live webinar date once.
- If you don’t complete the eLearning before the newly chosen webinar date, you will have to purchase a new seat.
If you miss a webinar, you will get one opportunity to attend a future webinar.
You may transfer your seat to another person up to three days before the live webinar only if you have not started any online component and there is a future date available.
Users will have access to the elearning courses for 30 days unless otherwise stated. Users must complete the course within this time to receive a certificate of completion. Courses expire after 30 days.
Due to the instant nature of access to elearning courses, refunds are not available.