LGBTQ+ Inclusive Practice for Aged Care Services eLearning
Expand accessibility to your aging clients by providing a safe, LGBTQ+ inclusive space that delivers exceptional person-centred care.
Duration: 45 minutes
Audience: All professionals in the aged care sector
The Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety has recommended that provider specialisation claims (including LGBTI Specialisation) are reviewed to improve the reliability of the My Aged Care service listing. LGBTQ+ inclusion training is a key element of verifying these claims.
This eLearning is designed for people working with LGBTQ+ older adults to learn more about this community, their health needs and inclusive care strategies. The training covers a range of areas to increase your knowledge and confidence in working effectively and respectfully with LGBTQ+ older adults.
This eLearning answers your questions like:
- What do LGBTQ+ and different terms for gender and sexuality mean?
- What should I know about gender diversity?
- Why is inclusion important?
- What are the relevant care standards for LGBTQ+ older adults?
- How can I be an ally to my clients/patients?
The eLearning has 4 interactive modules:
- Introducing LGBTQ+ older adults
- Understanding the health and wellbeing needs of LGBTQ+ older adults
- Maintaining standards of care for LGBTQ+ older adults
- Applying LGBTQ+ inclusive practices into Aged Care
We believe the best way to learn about our community is from community members themselves. This eLearning was developed by LGBTQ+ subject matter experts and include case studies to learn from common scenarios in LGBTQ+ Aged Care.
This training is suitable for General Practitioners (GPs) and other clinicians to complete for CPD points.
- Develop a greater understanding of LGBTQ+ people, communities, and history
- Develop awareness around the unique health and wellbeing issues faced by LGBTQ+ older adults
- Review current legislation supporting and related to LGBTQ+ older adults
- Outline industry best-practice standards and inclusive practice related to LGBTQ+ older adults
- Improve care outcomes through stronger interactions with LGBTQ+ older adults
For card payment, please checkout using this website.
Once payment is complete, you will get an email from email@example.com saying you have been enrolled into a new program. Select “Go To Program” to start the training.
If you have any issues with your eLearning enrolment, please see more information here.
To pay via invoice, please email PrideTraining@acon.org.au for more information.
Hosting eLearning Yourself
Want to host this training on your own Learning Management System (LMS)? To enquire about SCORM packages please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out our Training Request Form.
Volume discounts are available for more than 5 people. Concession discounts are also available, please click here for more information.
Please make sure to read our Cancellation & Refund Policy.
Not sure which training is right for you, or want to order a customised eLearning course? Fill out our Training Request Form.