LGBTQ Inclusive Practice Webinar
Expand your accessibility to clients by providing a safe, and inclusive space that promotes and delivers exceptional person-centered care.
People with diverse genders and/or sexualities, including lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender clients come from all cultures and walks of life. Their lived experiences and potential differences in gender and/or sexualities, as compared to the broad population, require further understanding to be able to provide person-centered care.
You can improve your knowledge, skills, and confidence when working with people with a diverse gender and/or sexuality allowing person-centered care by taking this webinar. This is a blended approach to learning with a self-paced eLearning and webinar facilitated by a qualified ACON facilitator. This training will help you expand your understanding of people with a diverse gender and sexuality and communities through discussion with like-minded professionals, video testimonials, and engaging in learning activities.
*The price of the webinar includes access to our LGBTQ Introduction eLearning as well as a seat for our Webinar.
- The difference between sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression.
- Understanding the lived experiences of people with a diverse gender and sexuality.
- Several health impacts caused by social stigma, assumptions, and bias.
- Significant legislative actions and defining moments in queer history.
- Useful tips to help you become a stronger ally for people with a diverse gender and sexuality
- Best practices to ensure inclusivity in your service.
- How to identify areas of practice in your services or organisation that may require review.
- Mechanisms to help you implement inclusive practice into day-to-day client interactions.
- Independent and co-dependent methods to drive organisational change—and why it’s essential.
- Other tips to help you elevate inclusive services across your organisation.
- Differentiate between gender and sexuality
- Summarise unique health and wellbeing disparities faced by sexuality and gender diverse people
- Review important events from queer history and the current legislation related to these priority populations
- Detect areas for improvement within their role and workplace
- Develop strategies and implement actions to increase access and satisfaction of service for people with diverse sexuality and gender
- You complete LGBTQ Introduction eLearning. (~1 hour)
- You attend 2 webinars at the same time of the day, one week away from one another for 3 hours (6 hours in total)
- Around 7 hours; 1 hour eLearning and 6 hours via webinar
- Frontline workers, Team Leaders, Managers and Decision Makers
Requirements for the webinar:
- Individual access to computer/laptop with a Chrome web browser
- Ability to access the ZOOM platform
- High-speed internet
- Familiarity with general computer knowledge
- Access to headphones/microphone (webcam is optional)
- Your mobile phone to participate in live activities
- Please read more about system requirements HERE. You can also join a test webinar to check out your access, HERE.
Public Training Schedule
Part 1: Thursday, 11 August 2022
Part 2: Thursday, 18 August 2022
|10:00 AM - 01:00 PM (AEST)
Part 1: Thursday, 15 September 2022
Part 2: Thursday, 22 September 2022
|01:00 PM - 04:00 PM (AEST)
Part 1: Tuesday, 15 November 2022
Part 2: Tuesday, 22 November 2022
|01:00 PM - 04:00 PM (AEST)|
- Concession discount available, please click here for more information.
- Once payment is complete, you will get an email from firstname.lastname@example.org saying you have been enrolled into a new program. Click “Go To Program” to start the training.
- For up to 30 people
- Cost does not include GST.
- Volume discount applies for purchasing more than 4 sessions.
Invoices can be arranged, please email PrideTraining@acon.org.au for more information.
Please make sure to read the cancellation/refund policy available below.
Due to instant access to the eLearning components, a refund is not possible.
You get a certificate when you finish the eLearning module, partake in both live webinar sessions, and complete the post-training assessment.
The eLearning component is a prerequisite of the live webinar. If you do not finish the eLearning before the live webinar, you will not be approved to attend the webinar.
- You can defer the live webinar date once.
- If you don’t complete the eLearning before the newly chosen webinar date, you will have to purchase a new seat.
If you miss a webinar, you will get one opportunity to attend a future webinar.
You may transfer your seat to another person up to three days before the live webinar only if you have not started any online component and there is a future date available.