LGBTQ Inclusive Practice In-Person Training
Expand your accessibility to clients by providing a safe, and inclusive space that promotes and delivers exceptional person-centered care.
Clients with diverse genders and/or sexualities come from all cultures and walks of life. Their lived experiences and potential differences in gender and/or sexualities, as compared to the broad population, may require unique approaches in how you communicate and care plan for the future.
Improve your provision of person-centered care and elevate your clients’ overall experience with a full-day workshop. Guided by a qualified ACON facilitator, this training will help you expand your understanding of people with diverse genders and/or sexualities as well as their respective communities through discussion with like-minded professionals, video testimonials, and engaging in learning activities.
- The difference between sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression.
- The lived experiences of people with a diverse gender and/or sexuality.
- Several health impacts caused by social stigma, assumptions, and bias.
- Significant legislative actions and defining moments in queer history.
- Useful tips to help you become a stronger ally for people with a diverse gender and/or sexuality.
- Best practices to ensure LGBTQ inclusion in your service.
- How to identify areas of practice in your services or organisation that may require review.
- Mechanisms to help you implement inclusive practice into day-to-day client interactions.
- Independent and co-dependent methods to drive organisational change—and why it’s essential.
- Other tips to help you elevate inclusive services across your organisation.
- Differentiate between gender and sexuality
- Summarise unique health and wellbeing disparities faced by sexuality and gender diverse people
- Review important events from LGBTQ+ history and the current legislation related to these priority populations
- Detect areas for improvement within their role and workplace
- Develop strategies and implement actions to increase access and satisfaction of service for people with diverse sexuality and gender
- 7 hours, including morning, lunch, and afternoon catered breaks
- Any health and wellbeing service provider
- Concession discount available, please click here for more information.
- Once payment is complete, you will get an email from firstname.lastname@example.org saying you have been enrolled in a new program.
- For up to 25 people
- Cost does not include travel outside of Sydney metro, catering, venue, or GST.
- Volume discount applies for purchasing more than 4 sessions.
We have COVID Safety measures in place. Read about our COVID Safety Measures here.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: In line with public health orders in NSW, all attendees are required to be fully vaccinated to be permitted into the training venue and must provide proof of vaccination to be permitted onto the training venue as well as check-in via QR code upon entry.
Invoices can be arranged, please email PrideTraining@acon.org.au for more information.
Please make sure to read our cancellation/refund policy.