LGBTQ Inclusive Practice for AOD Services Webinar
Expand your accessibility to clients by providing a safe, and inclusive space that promotes and delivers exceptional person-centered care.
Starts with a review of LGBTQ Introduction and has the added benefit of supporting teams to apply inclusive practice principles to their own workplace. LGBTQ Inclusive Practice for AOD Services is a webinar for health and community workers supporting clients with alcohol and/or other drugs (AOD) use looking to strengthen their understanding of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) people and communities.
Participants will learn to deliver more inclusive, informed, and appropriate care. This 7-hour webinar will introduce you to the LGBTQ acronym, expand your understanding of sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and sex characteristics and reflect upon the unique health and wellbeing issues faced by LGBTQ people, particularly those related to AOD.
*The price of the webinar includes access to our LGBTQ Introduction eLearning as well as a seat for our Webinar.
- The LGBTQ+ communities
- What is the difference between sex characteristics, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation?
- Understanding the lived experience of LGBTQ+ people
- Understanding the health impacts of social stigma and assumptions
- AOD prevalence, patterns, and co-morbidities
- The context of use for LGBTQ communities
- Acceptance versus inclusion
- Implementing inclusive practice in day to day interactions
- Useful tips to increase inclusive service provision
- Experiential activities, scenarios, and case studies
- Differentiate between gender and sexuality
- Summarise the mental health and alcohol and or other drug disparities faced by sexuality and gender diverse people
- Review important events from LGBTQ+ history and the current legislation related to these priority populations
- Understand the context of alcohol and or other drug use within the sexuality and gender diverse communities.
- Detect areas for improvement within their role and workplace
- Develop strategies and implement actions to increase access and satisfaction of service for people with diverse sexuality and gender
- You complete LGBTQ Introduction eLearning. (~1 hour)
- You attend 2 webinars at the same time of the day, one week away from one another for 3 hours (6 hours in total) or attend one full day webinar
- Around 7 hours; 1 hour eLearning and 6 hours via webinar
- Professionals working in drug and alcohol support
Requirements for the webinar:
- Individual access to computer/laptop with a Chrome web browser
- Ability to access the ZOOM platform
- High-speed internet
- Familiarity with general computer knowledge
- Access to headphones/microphone (webcam is optional)
- Your mobile phone to participate in live activities
- Please read more about system requirements HERE. You can also join a test webinar to check out your access, HERE.
- For up to 30 people
- Cost does not include GST.
- Volume discount applies for purchasing more than 4 sessions.
Invoices can be arranged, please email PrideTraining@acon.org.au for more information.
Please make sure to read the cancellation/refund policy available below.