Sexual Assault in LGBTQ Communities
Increase your knowledge, skills and confidence when working with LGBTQ+ people that have experienced sexual assault.
Duration: 2.5 hours
Audience: Health + Wellbeing Service Providers
People with diverse genders and sexualities come from all cultures and walks of life. Their lived experiences, as compared to the broad population, require specific considerations to communicate with and care for these populations respectfully and effectively.
This eLearning is comprised of 2 main parts:
- LGBTQ+ Introduction (1 hour)
- Sexual Assault In LGBTQ+ Communities (1.5 hours)
We believe the best way to learn about our community is from community members themselves. Our eLearning courses are developed by LGBTQ+ subject matter experts and include videos of community members sharing their experiences. This eLearning was co-designed with health and wellbeing service providers and LGBTQ+ community members affected by sexual assault.
This training is suitable for General Practitioners (GPs) and other clinicians to complete for CPD points.
- Define LGBTQ+ and differentiate between gender and sexuality
- Demonstrate in-depth awareness of the mental and physical health disparities facing the LGBTQ+ community
- Implement practical LGBTQ+ allyship including inclusive language and appropriate terminology
- Apply inclusive practice principles to improve access to health services for the LGBTQ+ community
- Determine how to appropriately respond to an LGBTQ+ person affected by sexual assault
For card payment, please checkout using this website.
Once payment is complete, you will get an email from firstname.lastname@example.org saying you have been enrolled into a new program. Select “Go To Program” to start the training.
If you have any issues with your eLearning enrolment, please see more information here.
To pay via invoice, please email PrideTraining@acon.org.au for more information.
Hosting eLearning Yourself
Want to host this training on your own Learning Management System (LMS)? To enquire about SCORM packages please email email@example.com or fill out our Training Request Form.
Volume discounts are available for more than 5 people. Concession discounts are also available, please click here for more information.
Please make sure to read our Cancellation & Refund Policy.
Not sure which training is right for you, or want to order a customised eLearning course? Fill out our Training Request Form.