Trans & Gender Diverse Inclusive Practice In-Person
Expand your accessibility to clients by providing a safe and inclusive space that promotes and delivers exceptional trans-affirming care.
Duration: 7 hours (including morning, lunch, and afernoon breaks)
Audience: GPs and other practice team members, medical professionals, allied health and community development workers
Clients with diverse genders and sexualities come from all cultures and walks of life. Their lived experiences, as compared to the broad population, require specific considerations to communicate with and care for these populations respectfully and effectively.
This comprehensive, full-day training is designed to improve your knowledge and understanding of LGBTQ+ people and communities, addressing common questions including:
- What do LGBTQ+ and different terms for gender and sexuality mean?
- What should I know about the trans community?
- Why is inclusion important?
- How do experiences of discrimination impact the health of the TGD community?
- What are the different options for social and medical gender affirmation?
- What challenges do the trans community face in healthcare settings?
- How can I be a trans ally?
- How can I be more inclusive in my practice?
Pride Training courses are developed and delivered by LGBTQ+ community members and subject matter experts, and include activities, media, open discussions, and access to a range of useful resources.
LGBTQ+ Inclusion Competencies are what we use to describe the actions of an informed, effective LGBTQ+ ally. All the information presented throughout this training relates to a specific competency, each with a different Learning Outcome to describe the skills you will have after completing the training.
- Competency: Demonstrates essential awareness of diverse communities
- Learning Outcome: Define LGBTQ+ and differentiate between gender and sexuality
- Learning Outcome: Describe some of the common shared experiences of the trans community
- Learning Outcome: Outline the impacts of discrimination on the trans community and the significance of reducing this through visibility and inclusion
- Learning Outcome: Describe current health challenges for the trans community
- Learning Outcome: Implement practical trans allyship including inclusive language and appropriate terminology, creating safer interactions and physical spaces
- Learning Outcome: Outline gender-affirming healthcare including options and considerations for social and medical gender affirmation
- Learning Outcome: Discuss the unique challenges for the trans community in the healthcare setting and strategies for increasing inclusion
You can purchase individual seats in our public training sessions (when available), or book your own private sessions, by adding them to your cart above.
- Check our Training Calendar for upcoming public sessions
- Concession discount available - Please click here for more information
- For up to 25 people
- Cost does not include travel outside of Sydney metro, catering, or venue
- Volume discount applies for purchasing more than 4 sessions
Invoices can be arranged. Please email PrideTraining@acon.org.au for more information.
Please make sure to read our Cancellation & Refund Policy.
Not sure which training is right for you, or want to book a customised training session? Fill out our Training Request Form.